Monday, September 22, 2008

One down, hopefully countless numbers to go!

I completed my first adoption Friday! I have been stressing out about this for months, but it went off without a hitch, thanks to another attorney who went the extra mile to help me out. It was so emotional. As soon as it was time for me to take the testimony of the adoptive parents, I started to cry. I asked them if they were willing to adopt this child and love her as though they would love a natural child, etc. It was just so incredible to play such an active role in someone's answer to prayer and I thank God for using me.
Also, the adoption worker on the case has put me on the list of adoption attorneys for the county, so hopefully I'll get to do this on a regular basis!

1 comment:

Kyle Ray said...

congratulations! that is so exciting. That would be the greatest feeling in the world on so many levels. helping a child, helping a couple.